With a new year comes new opportunities. Here are some that have shown up in my mail:
- The Nutrients for Life Foundation has updated its online curriculum to make searching easier.
Download the new curriculum now.
- Nutrients for Life is offering a free professional development day on soil science and sustainability in Des Moines, Iowa on June 11. Teachers can earn credit. Register now for the professional development day.
- Nutrients for Life is offering its NET members a chance to share stories, ideas, and lesson plans in its newsletter and on its blog. Members can submit articles or blog ideas to Tiffany by emailing email@example.com. Find out how to become a member and contributor.
- If you happen to be in Utah this winter, check out com for some amazing outdoor activities ideas. Ice castles, dog sledding, and the like.
- Cal State San Bernardino’s College of Extended Learning and Veggies in the Middle are hosting a $30 culinary demo on Jan. 27 called, “Easy Ways with Winter Veggies.” Participates receive a book that contains helpful info and recipes. It’s all part of the college’s Healthy Eating Series.
- The California Fertilizer Foundation school garden grant deadline is Feb. 2.
- Check out the California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom for new grant information and a calendar of events happening in California and elsewhere. While there, sign up for the monthly newsletter. It’s e-mailed directly to your inbox.