- Received a $500 award from Smucker’s Get Out and Grow for school gardening.
- Wrote a $13,650 Raley’s Extra Credit grant for school wellness that funded after-school classes in arts, dance, cooking, and intramural sports.
- Wrote the $500 River Valley Garden Club grant for school gardening
- Wrote California Fertilizer Foundation grant for Franklin High School Garden Project, Elk Grove Unified School District. Highly competitive grant offered to 24 schools statewide to educate about plant nutrients and agriculture. $1,200 plus instructional materials.
- Wrote $500 River Valley Garden Club grant for Franklin High School, Elk Grove Unified School District to purchase supplies for FHS Garden Project.
- Wrote $1,500 Literacy for Life grant sponsored by the California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom and the Oreggia Family Foundation to fund FHS Garden Project, Franklin High School, Elk Grove Unified School District. Also awarded California Educator of the Year by the CFAITC as a result of the grant application.
- Wrote highly-competitive $5,000 Lowe’s Toolbox for Education grant for Kerr Middle School to fund an upgrade of science classrooms for use with technology, Elk Grove Unified School District.
- Wrote several successful grants to purchase good attendance incentives and to fund a school gardening and nutrition education program at Alessandro High School, a continuation school in Hemet Unified School District, including a 4-H grant to purchase and plant shade trees throughout the campus, and a mental health grant to finance student murals.
- Co-wrote a California Department of Education grant to create the applied academics and technology charter high school (HAAAT) for the Hemet Unified School District. School opened in 2007.
- Wrote and implemented the WorkAbility I grant for Hemet Unified School District to train special education students for the workforce. The program launched in 1999.
- Completed grant writing certification at California State University, San Bernardino Extension, 2001.